If you are considering switching your energy provider from natural gas or electricity to propane, but aren't sure of the benefits, we have provided the following information to help you make an informative decision that best suits your family's or business's needs.
- Propane offers more versatility than any other energy source. It can be used for everything from heating your home or business, to gas fireplaces and lighting up your outdoor entertainment areas.
- Propane works even during power outages, so you can enjoy uninterrupted home and business comfort.
- Propane furnaces cost up to 60% less to operate than oil furnaces, electric heat pumps and wood furnaces.
- Propane is a safe fuel to use in your home and business. Propane has a narrow range of flammability and cannot be ingested like gasoline or alcohol fuels because it is released as a vapor from a pressured container.
- Propane heating systems cost less to install than oil-fueled heating systems.
- Because propane furnaces and boilers are compact, they can be installed in small spaces.
- Propane burns cleanly and efficiently, giving consumers more value for their energy dollar.
- Clean-burning propane furnaces and boilers tend to last longer.
- Propane heats significantly faster than electricity. Using electricity could cost twice as much to operate your range, water heater, dryer or furnace than propane.